by Tobias Kreidl, CTP, CUGC Steering Committee President
Our first community survey is finished. We thank the 600+ members who took it! Your input is a big help, and we are very pleased with those of you who made the effort to provide feedback.
Before we get into the specifics, we want to say that while the Steering Committee is sharing the results, they reflect the collective effort of hundreds of people around the world.
CUGC succeeds because we are a huge team of Local Leaders, CTPs, CTAs, WIT volunteers, webinar presenters and moderators, meeting speakers, Steering Committee members, working group members, the HQ team, the Citrix Community team, and every member that has taken the time to lead and share.
Now that we are clear about who deserves the credit, we can share the community-wide findings.
We asked a batch of questions to measure our overall community well-being and our core community values. This is what we learned:
- 95% Strongly Agree or Agree that CUGC is a welcoming community.
- 86% Strongly Agree or Agree that CUGC enhances their Citrix experience.
- 90% Strongly Agree or Agree that CUGC is a source of independent technical knowledge.
- 90% Strongly Agree or Agree that CUGC lives up its goal of being “For the Users, By the Users.”
- 96% Strongly Agree or Agree that they would recommend CUGC to a colleague working with Citrix technologies.
The numbers are outstanding! We thank and congratulate every leader, presenter, speaker, contributor and every member who has made CUGC welcoming, enhancing and independent!
If you took the survey, you know that we asked questions about our local meetings, webinars, and more. We will share the detailed results with our leadership teams. Today, we want to share the top-line findings in each of those areas. Here they are:
- 96% rate CUGC local meeting experience as Excellent, Very Good or Good.
- 99% rate CUGC XL meeting experience as Excellent, Very Good or Good
- 96% rate website myCUGC.org as Excellent, Very Good or Good.
- 97% rate CUGC blogs on myCUGC.org as Excellent, Very Good or Good.
- 94% rate CUGC forums on myCUGC.org as Excellent, Very Good or Good.
- 96% rate CUGC on Twitter as Excellent, Very Good or Good.
- 96% rate CUGC webinars as Excellent, Very Good or Good.
- 91% told us that you would welcome more CUGC emails or that the frequency of emails is just right.
- 86% rated CUGC sponsor content as relevant and technical.
We also learned some details about how we work and what we want from CUGC. Here are some of the first takeaways:
- Time: Time is the biggest obstacle to your participation, whether it is a local meeting, webinar or posting online. We want to think short and convenient.
- Webinars: Your preferred webinar is the “standard” format with a presentation followed by Q&A in 60 minutes. It beat out AMA, POC and multiple-hour deep dives.
- Synergy: CUGC emails, meetings and social media are the community’s #1 source for Citrix Synergy news, higher than Citrix Synergy Roadshows and channel partners.
- We help one another: This is the best result of all. More than 73% of respondents have helped a fellow member. The #1 way is to recommend CUGC and the #2 way is to share technical knowledge directly with a fellow member.
These are great numbers. Again, it takes a huge, dedicated team to get these results.
What next? Every year we meet with our leaders, review the year’s work, and plan for the coming year. This year we will add the detailed findings into the mix. Your input will shape CUGC in 2020 and beyond.
[…] a few weeks after our own community survey delivered us important and very positive feedback. (See Tobias Kreidl’s great summary here.)Now we’ve learned of a second survey of IT professionals with additional good news for CUGC and […]