by John McBride, Citrix
As we keep moving this group forward, I thought it would be good to get a list of developer resouces posted here on the Developer SIG site. One of the hardest things as developers is to keep track of new frameworks, updates and tools that are coming at us at an amazing pace. Hopefully this post and some of the forum entries will help get a great list for developers building on top of the Citrix Platform.
With that lets list some of the tools
- Citrix Developer Visual Studio Extension (https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/6587c715-fff3-4e2b-bf7f-10331840c552)
- This extension for Visual Studio provide a lot of samples, menu items and tool windows to help with the developer. Items like the Ocotoblu workflow explorer and the github repo explorer bring resources front and center.
- Citrix Developer Mobile VS Extension (https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/512f112b-492e-4b3e-92ea-7c079e4b394d)
- Built on top of the Xamarin stack, this helps you build Citrix enabled mobile applications targeting android/iOS via C#. Very cool!
- Citrix Github opensource Repository. (http://github.com/citrix)
- good place for open source samples
- Citrix Developer Youtube channel. ((http://tinyurl.com/CitrixDevYouTube)
- Citrix SDK downloads nuget (https://www.nuget.org/packages?q=citrix)
- Feedback – Talk to Citrix directly
- Fiddler (Http debugging/testing) – Windows
- PostMan – CrossPlatform http debugging/testing
- Visual Studio Code – FREE Cross-platform code editor (http://code.visualstudio.com)
- Web Essentials (https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/ee6e6d8c-c837-41fb-886a-6b50ae2d06a2)
- Extensions for VS (https://t.co/776KnXVOlD)
- Command Task Runner (https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/e6bf6a3d-7411-4494-8a1e-28c1a8c4ce99)
- Github Extension (https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/75be44fb-0794-4391-8865-c3279527e97d)
- Github Gists (https://gist.github.com/discover)
Hopefully this is a good first start in building a tool list for developers interested in building on the Citrix platform. Let’s keep the conversation going.